seed changes in quantal

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Fri Jun 22 16:13:56 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Harald Sitter <apachelogger at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jriddell at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> kopete -> kde-telepathy - it's maintained
>
> do we have 0.4 in the archive yet? also do we have a precise PPA for
> that? IIRC part of our agreement with upstream was to pull off a good
> pre-release testing process to ensure the best possible user
> experience.
>
>> kdm -> lightdm - likewise
>
> someone push that upstream plz, makes sense to have the plasma
> workspace drop unmaintained kdm in favor of lightdm which *actually*
> uses plasma :P

I'm doing that :D It came up a few times at the KDE Workspace sprint
recently. Response was very positive there.

Last time it was pushed it got a response along the lines of
"Canonical blah blah blah blah.." but it's more mature now and times
have changed (hopefully).

I'm going to be making a release of 0.2.0 this weekend ready for the
new Alpha. Feedback from you (Kubuntu) would be great, then I'll bump
the KDE mailing lists again.

Dave

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Felix Geyer <debfx at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> kdm -> lightdm - likewise
>
> Imho lightdm-kde still has critical bugs that make it unfit for Kubuntu
> so I would have waited until they are addressed.

Really?

My bugzilla list is here:

https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?list_id=131553&query_format=advanced&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&product=lightdm

There's only two things in that list I consider critical and both of
those are very nearly complete.
Please, please add anything that's not there as otherwise I obviously
won't fix it. Mark anything "critical" as such in bugzilla and I will
make them a top priority.

Dave