date displayed in panel by default?

Donatas G. dgvirtual at
Wed Jun 6 07:12:23 UTC 2012

There is also a related issue of the language indicator: unless you choose
a flag, you see the language code letters, that are both visually and
color-wise out of place: the letters seem to be smaller than the icons
around, and the color is black. I have not installed a new system for a
while, so I do not remember if the language indicator is shown by default