date displayed in panel by default?

Harald Sitter apachelogger at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 5 13:36:01 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 3:23 PM, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at kitterman.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 05, 2012 03:11:01 PM Harald Sitter wrote:
>> anyone got strong feelings about not displaying the date by default in
>> the panel?
>>
>> right now it is colorwise disaligned with the time making it look
>> weird, plus not having the date there IMHO makes it look less crowded
>> and more homogeneous with the statusnotifiers
>
> Personally, I like it the way it is.  Is it enough of an issue to deviate from
> upstream on?

FWIW, if we decide to keep it someone needs to find the courage to fix
the color issue.

> I also think it's slightly more natural that clicking on something that shows
> time and date gives you a calendar than something that just shows the time.

Hm. yes, "slightly. I have seen quite a few time display units with
date display as well, though I assume most of them did not pop out a
calendar when touched, then again I could not say for sure as I did
not feel prompted to touch them. Calendars popping out of time
displays is a major affordance headache in general I think.

HS