Needed in Kubuntu ASAP

James Cain james.cain.25 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 22:07:04 UTC 2012

On Sunday, July 29, 2012 11:26:11 AM Sam Sarette wrote:

Kdenlive has a great screen capture, and then we'd also have a video editor in
the default install.
It's a thought, but I'm not sure if Kdenlive is still quite buggy.

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 12:27 PM, Alex Leach - Gmail <beamesleach at gmail.com>
wrote:

On Friday 27 Jul 2012 11:45:20 James wrote:
> Thoughts?
VLC 2.0 and above has a screen capture mode... I've never recorded anything
with it myself, but it should do the trick..

Cheers,
Alex

Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

Does the capture in KDEnlive also capture audio? I'll have to play with it
later tonight. I did manage to compile FDesktopRecorder, and it works really
well at capturing A/V and encoding to .avi format.

Trying to learn how to package for Kubuntu so others can try as well. For now,
interested parties can compile and use.
https://github.com/froksen/FDesktopRecorder

I really feel a good, dedicated recorder on the CD/DVD is a must in fulfilling
the easy ability to

- share Kubuntu experiences
- allow users to make how-to type videos
- encourage users to contribute by helping spread the word via social media
- make videos for Kubuntu and KDE-centric sites (KDE/Kubuntu Forums, Userbase,
etc.)

If people see that a dedicated recording app is installed by default, they're
more likely to contribute this way. Having an app, dedicated, included, is a
must IMHO. No one but someone already doing these type of things is going to
know KDEnlive does video capture. Plus, it's not installed by default.

Now back to trying to package the app...