[kubuntu-devel] Making IBus usable in Kubuntu

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Sat Jul 28 22:44:49 UTC 2012

On Saturday, July 28, 2012 09:24:57 AM AWASHIRO Ikuya wrote:
> Hi Jonathan and Ma,
>
> I am average person who is interested in Input Methods.
>
> On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 12:44:43 +0100
>
> Jonathan Riddell <jriddell at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > Ikuya Awashiro you have done the ibus merges in Ubuntu recently, can you
> > comment on bug 854333 ?
> We should ship Kimpanel.

One of the changes we need to fix this is the dependency change in ibus on
gnome-icon-theme (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=678422).

Ikuya Awashiro: Since you've done the ibus merge before and it needs it now,
could you do an updated merge from Debian?  I'll be glad to review/sponsor it
to get it uploaded, but I think it would be better if someone familiar with
the package prepared it.

Scott K