[kubuntu-devel] Making IBus usable in Kubuntu

AWASHIRO Ikuya ikuya at fruitsbasket.info
Sat Jul 28 00:24:57 UTC 2012

Hi Jonathan and Ma,

I am average person who is interested in Input Methods.

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 12:44:43 +0100
Jonathan Riddell <jriddell at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Ikuya Awashiro you have done the ibus merges in Ubuntu recently, can you comment on bug 854333 ?
We should ship Kimpanel.

> Many of the ibus files disappeared from kimpanel ibus so it got merge
> into the main plasma-widget-kimpanel package.  I suspect it's not well
> maintained upstream.  I haven't got it to work but then I haven't got
> ibus gtk to work, it needs im switch to run.  This is also missing from the language selection I added into system settings recently.
No-no, Kimpanel 4.8 works great.
Here is the screenshot: http://twitpic.com/acc0cs

How to install:
1. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ikuya-fruitsbasket/kimpanel
2. sudo apt-get update
3. sudo apt-get install plasma-widget-kimpanel plasma-widget-kimpanel-backend-ibus
4. logout and login
5. add "Input Method" widget.
6. turn Ibus on

Hope this helps,
--
AWASHIRO Ikuya
ikuya at fruitsbasket.info / ikuya at oooug.jp
GPG fingerprint:
1A19 AD66 C53F 2250 3537 1A9D 3A53 2C1D 20AB CC8A
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/ikunya/
http://twitter.com/ikunya/