Needed in Kubuntu ASAP

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Fri Jul 27 16:02:23 UTC 2012

On Friday, July 27, 2012 11:45:20 AM James wrote:
> There are packages for other distros, but no .deb files.  I can not
> package,  but as I need a tool for screencasts I would gladly test if
> someone could package. I would also be doing more Kubuntu videos :)
>
> Other options / ideas welcome but I strongly feel this needs to be
> addressed  ASAP.

Packaging is not that hard.  It mostly takes a bit of motivation and a very,
very basic knowledge of some kind of programming (ideally make and shell, but
it's easy enough to pick up).  Motivation is the hardest thing to come by.  I
originally got involved in packaging because of similar feelings about a
different area.

You can't package now, but that doesn't have to remain true.  The existing
Kubuntu developers are all pretty busy and most of us can only do this in our
spare time.  To be perfectly honest, the chances of this just happening
because you asked for it are  low.  If you've got the motivation to get this
fixed, then I suggest you join us on the #kubuntu-devel IRC channel and we can
help you learn what you need to know to solve this important problem.

Scott K