KDE Telepathy 0.4 - Call for Testing

Clay Weber clay at claydoh.com
Sun Jul 15 18:25:52 UTC 2012

On Thursday, July 12, 2012 09:00:52 PM Harald Sitter wrote:
> For the release of Kubuntu 12.10 we are thinking about switching to a
> different instant messaging framework named Telepathy.
>
> With KDE Telepathy 0.4 [1] we now have a viable testing candiate for
> you to try on your existing 12.04 installation [2].
>
> Please take it for a test drive and report back any findings and thoughts.
>
> [1]
> http://dot.kde.org/2012/06/11/new-kde-telepathy-version-features-audio-and-
> video-calls [2] http://www.kubuntu.org/ktp-0.4
>
> HS

Having used KTP for a whiole now, I do like it overall. I mostly use it for
Yahoo so have not  yet tried out video calls.

I am not sure if it does so when installed, but I recall having to add the
Presence widget to the tray. The tray icons could be better somehow maybe. I
know the history feature is new, so I assume this will see some improvements.
Overall the IM client works very well. It has been relaible for me, does  not
have the random Yahoo disconnects I used to see in Kopete. KTP does lack some
features as compared to Kopete, but I personally do not use many of them.

Clay