restrictedInstall

Jonathan Thomas echidnaman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 12:50:02 UTC 2012

Oh, I thought you said "what happens when" instead of "what happens
with". Apparently not all my neurons have fired this morning. ;-)

Anyways, Amarok and Dragon are a bit different than the stuff
currently using KNH's restricted install, since they use GStreamer.
When GStreamer runs into a codec it can't play, it runs a helper
executable to find the codecs. We use the alternatives system to
provide the qapt gstreamer codec-finder, which does that for us.