kde telepathy?

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien.gateau at canonical.com
Thu Feb 16 08:20:32 UTC 2012

Le 16/02/2012 00:46, Scott Kitterman a écrit :
> On Wednesday, February 15, 2012 09:47:06 PM David Edmundson wrote:
>> Shipping both would be confusing. Especially as it really makes sense
>> to have the presence applet load by default in the sys-tray.
>
> We already have a messaging indicator that supports email, IRC, and IM in the
> systray.  Not having KDE Telepathy integrated with this would be confusing, so
> we only want one widget in the systray, the question is how best to present
> it.
>
> Scott K

I happen to have some knowledge about messaging indicators :). I am very
happy to provide support for implementing one or even (gasp) do it
myself. What would be the deadline for such a patch? Can we consider it
a regression fix?

While I am at it, might as well give my opinion on whether we should
ship KDE Telepathy or not. My position would be to ship Kopete by
default in Main, and ship KDE Telepathy in Universe. That gives more
users the occasion to test it, report bugs and make it solid. It also
avoids disrupting Kubuntu software selection too much for LTS.

I don't think the fact KDE Telepathy has a KCM is an issue: if it is not
shipped by default the KCM will only be present for those who
consciously installed it.

Aurélien