kde telepathy?

Ingo Ratsdorf ingo at envirology.co.nz
Wed Feb 15 23:53:35 UTC 2012

----------------Original message-----------------
From: "Harald Sitter" sitter.harald at gmail.com
To: "Kubuntu Developer Discussion" kubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 00:21:25 +0100

> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:47 PM, David Edmundson
> david at davidedmundson.co.uk wrote:
>>> I want OTR support, but I understand that's not happening.
>>
>> It is not in the near future.
>> I seriously don't see why everyone gets so het up about this, I've yet
>> to meet anyone who actually uses OTR, it only works if both parties
>> use it so it's only nerds talking to nerds.
>
> Yes, it is mostly nerds talking to nerds, and yet it is also those who
> use an unencrypted network and wish to communicate sensitive data ;)
> I do have at least 5 people on my gmail contacts with whom I OTR to
> prevent google from eating the conversations.

Oh come on people, if someone is really using google but being concerned about their data...!?!
I for one do not even know what OTR is, http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/OTR only list two dozen options ;-)
However I have given up on google years ago.

Most users wont care. They are rather interested in a working solution that does not crash, is not sluggish and supports their providers.

I have given up on pidgin primarily because of it's unbearably ugly layout. Same with Kopete.
Have a look at Apple and follow the "Reduce to the Max". :-)
And none have ever supported LinkedIn.

Not surprised that Kubuntu never made it into the corporate sector with the slowness of Akonadi on top and a desktop search that hangs you whole computer for 5 minutes at bootup. Businesses do not have shiny new 8-core computers with 8 Gig of ram.
Not in the places where I have been.
My laptop is 10 years old.

Cheers,
Ingo

--
envirology* Ltd

45 Arthur Street | Riverhead | Auckland 0820
p&f +64 9 412 2241 | skype ingoratsdorf | jabber ingo.ratsdorf at chat.facebook.com
ingo at envirology.co.nz ingo at envirology.co.nz | [www.envirology.co.nz -> http://www.envirology.co.nz]

*envirology – a term combined from Environment and the greek “logos” (word, reason, plan)