kde telepathy?

Harald Sitter sitter.harald at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 23:21:25 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:47 PM, David Edmundson
<david at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:
>> I want OTR support, but I understand that's not happening.
>
> It is not in the near future.
> I seriously don't see why everyone gets so het up about this, I've yet
> to meet anyone who actually uses OTR, it only works if both parties
> use it so it's only nerds talking to nerds.

Yes, it is mostly nerds talking to nerds, and yet it is also those who
use an unencrypted network and wish to communicate sensitive data ;)
I do have at least 5 people on my gmail contacts with whom I OTR to
prevent google from eating the conversations.

>> Does telepathy have KCM entries in systemsettings?
>
> It does.
>
>> Ship both
>
> Shipping both would be confusing. Especially as it really makes sense
> to have the presence applet load by default in the sys-tray.

Considering it has KCMs I totally agree (well, not only, but mostly) :)

BR
Harald