Fwd: Re: [Desktop] Status 2012-02-10

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Fri Feb 10 16:27:09 UTC 2012

See below.  Has anyone tried this?  Any krdc users that could investigate?

Scott K

Subject: Re: [Desktop] Status 2012-02-10
Date: Friday, February 10, 2012, 11:03:21 AM
From: Stéphane Graber <stgraber at ubuntu.com>
To: Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at kitterman.com>
CC: ubuntu-release at lists.ubuntu.com

On 02/10/2012 10:55 AM, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Friday, February 10, 2012 10:53:59 AM Stéphane Graber wrote:
>>> * FreeRDP 1.0 hit precise. It's undergoing the final tweaks to pass our
>>> security review. Once it's in main, we'll update remmina and put it into
>>> main (MIR already approved), dropping the old and rather insecure
>>> rdesktop/vinagre.
>>
>> Please note that LTSP is also currently requiring rdesktop to be in
>> Main. In theory LTSP will work fine using xfreerdp and the code is
>> designed to detect and use one or the other, but we'll need to
>> coordinate and do some testing here before rdesktop can be dropped out
>> of Main.
>
> krdc, which is also in Main, uses rdesktop.
>
> Scott K

Has anyone tried making krdc call xfreerdp?
Last I checked xfreerdp was mostly compatible with rdesktop for command
line parameters, that's why LTSP could support both pretty easily.

The biggest difference is all the new features that come in xfreerdp,
but for the same set of feature as rdesktop had, the command line should
be pretty much identical.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer