R: Panels for kubuntu

Tres Finocchiaro fatbuttlarry at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 18:27:56 UTC 2012

I was trying to mimic the Unity interface using the stock panels in KDE the
other day (not because I like it, but rather for standardization) and I
found it was impossible.

This work you've done really showcases the potentials of the panels.  I
particularly like the icon-only task launchers (similar to Mac, Unity or
Windows 7).  I've wanted this in KDE for a while now, and
Ubuntu's implementation of it is a step backwards in terms of customization
and flexibility IMO.

I would vote this is used 12.04 if it's stable enough.  It really kicks ass.

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com