Dolphin defaults

Lorenzo Bicci lorenzo at bicci.it
Mon Dec 31 03:25:41 UTC 2012

Hello everybody,

I've been surfing the web looking for the right place for this and I ended up
here, on this mailing list. I hope it's the right place.

I'm using kubuntu 12.10 64-bit, and I just found out that I had to install
ffmpegthumbs (or ffmpegthumbnailer? or kffmpegthumbnailer?) to get video preview
icons in Dolphin. Shouldn't this package be installed by default, out of the
box?

I think everybody expects preview icons being working and turned on for as
many file types as possible by default in every modern destkop environment.

Please let me know what you think about it, or if this is the wrong place for
discussing this topic. :)

Greetings!