easy job: release page for alpha 1

Sam Sarette samuelsarette at linux.com
Thu Dec 6 19:46:38 UTC 2012

Yea, this seems to be a problem of tribal knowledge.
I've tried to help with release announcements in the past: get on irc, edit
stuff in the wiki for beta / alpha releases etc. The problem is that "how
do I actually get stuff posted on the website's announcements?" went
unanswered and whoever currently knows/does it had to just copy what I'd
done for beta release stuff and change strings around rather than use what
I'd created for the real release. The beta stuff only happened because it
was on the wiki and I found blank pages to fill.

Maybe at some point I'd like to help with release announcements again, but
the process needs to be documented. The page on how to contribute to
Kubuntu is equally sparse.

Sorry for the frustration dump. I'd like to help if these ti