[kubuntu-devel] Making IBus usable in Kubuntu

Ma Xiaojun damage3025 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 05:16:24 UTC 2012

I've tried the PPA but Kimpanel is not working on my Kubuntu 12.04 box.

Previously, the box had IBus working without Kimpanel.

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install plasma-widget-kimpanel-backend-ibus
Then I added the Kimpanel widget, but cannot get Kimpanel work with IBus.
I selected IBus in Kimpanel but it would just start/restart IBus
without replacing IBus's default UI.
And keyboard shortcut of Kimpanel doesn't have any effect (I've tried
Alt+Space).
And I did logout and re-login.