Recommends fcitx as default input method in kubuntu.

Ma Xiaojun damage3025 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 15:39:59 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 7:17 AM, Weng Xuetian <wengxt at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Gtk-free
> fcitx can work without any gtk library, while other works more or less
> depends on Gtk.
I don't care this much. Leave this item to others.

> 2. KDE-integration.
> kde-config-fcitx provides a KCM module inside systemsettings.
That's nice and desirable.

> 3. seamlessly kimpanel integration.
> It will detect kimpanel automatically, and switch to use it if exists.
Well, doesn't latest kimpanel supports IBus well also?
kimpanel in 12.04 is broken for IBus, though.

> 4. Complete language support.
> As for user, fcitx also provides complete language stack.
Can you explain more on this item?
I guess you mean fcitx supports as many engines as that of IBus,
roughly. Even more.

> I'd like to provide my help to move fcitx to kubuntu default.
If fcitx people can maintain fcitx stuff in Ubuntu well.
It's even desirable to make the Ubuntu default.
Since even IBus in Unity doesn't work well, in fact.
It's all about man power...