[kubuntu-devel] Re: UDS Considerations for Kubuntu

Ingo Ratsdorf ingo at envirology.co.nz
Thu Oct 13 23:30:59 UTC 2011

Alright guys and girls,

I have been following this discussion some time and here are my five cents to it:

I am a user. And a tester. I love cutting edge and sometimes it breaks. That's live.
If I am happy with how it's working, I keep it that way. If not, I try new features.

And I tried a lot.

I am running Kubuntu 11.10 with all the PIM stuff and Akonadi and KMail2 on a 8 years old laptop.
And quite frankly: IT'S RUNNING FINE.

I am so happy that Kontact has integration for all this PIM stuff, that groupDAV is finally working and all my stuff is synced between computers, at work and on my phone.
COOL!
I have tested a lot, I have submitted bug reports and tracebacks and images. Some of the requests are still open, some are not. Things are moving.

I have switched away from Thunderbird two years ago because I simply had no integration of my calendar, I could not even reliably archive my emails. And it still (as of today)
has no support for remote addressbooks, unless you run a groovy LDAP server. Not really for the low end user....

A happy user and supporter (and sparetime contributor) of opensource software.

Please stop the fighting and be productive. If you don't like it - don't use it. Nobody forces you to. You don't even have to pay for it.... ;-)

Cheers and merry xmas,
Ingo