UDS Considerations for Kubuntu

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Thu Oct 13 15:52:24 UTC 2011

On Thursday, October 13, 2011 11:38:11 AM Markus Slopianka wrote:
> > Last I remember hearing, KOffice wasn't usable,
>
> Neither is OO/LO with the extremely buggy KDE integration that was proudly
> announced to be  written by a Kubuntu guy.

It was written by a Kubuntu guy.  It was a tough piece of work that no one
else was willing to take on.

In LO is seems to work pretty well.  I'll agree the initial OOo incarnation
was a bit rough.

Just to be clear though, this was not the first KDE integration, it was a port
of the KDE3 OOo integration to KDE4.

Scott K