I: ubuntuone-kde

Harald Sitter apachelogger at ubuntu.com
Mon May 30 14:54:35 UTC 2011

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 2:09 PM, LucaTringali <TRINGALINVENT at libero.it> wrote:
> I sent this message a week ago, but seems nobody read it, so I'm sending again:
>
> Hello everybody,
> I took a look at UbuntuOne client for KDE made by Harald Sitter: it didn't
> work because there were some little errors into the CMake files. After I fixed
> them, the entire project builds correctly, and works fine except for one
> thing:
> in the InfoModule are not shown the informations (username, total space,
> etc...). It seems that the function void Interface::parseAccount(QNetworkReply
> *reply) in the Api.cpp file cannot find a correct QNetworkReply. I'm working
> on

Without looking at the code there are basically 2 options why the QNR
could be unparsable:
a) they changed the server-side api
b) the networkrequest is not oauth'd (i.e. the server does not reply
with valid data, as the request is not associated/authorized by a
given user)

both are entirely possible, especially latter since they changed the
single sign on stuff quite a bit over the last 6 months. Best is to
qDebug() the content of the arriving QNR, if it contains some message
about not being authenticated that would be the oauth problem, if it
contains nothing that would be an api change, if it contains something
sensible but is still not parsable that would indicate that the format
changed (though the whole thing uses json so the change needed to be
quite extreme in order to break parsing)

On a not unrelated note, I believe that the ubuntuone team at some
point worked on a C library for the api and/or syncdaemon, perhaps
using that could take quite some logic out of the current
implementations (which is rather important as ubuntuone likes to break
their apis, and if they themselves maintain the C library the C api
will always be up-to-date with their latest python api breakage).

regards,
Harald