LightDM-KDE

Harald Sitter apachelogger at ubuntu.com
Wed May 18 00:16:02 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 2:10 AM, Alex Fiestas <afiestas at kde.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 May 2011 02:03:43 +0200, Harald Sitter <sitter.harald at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> requirements that come to mind:
>> * must be able to support finger print auth stuff
>> * must be able to support face detection auth stuff
>> Both from a GUI POV of course.
>
> KDM doesn't support that features right now... I don't see then why they're
> a "msut" :/

I did not say it must provide them itself (not in first release
anyway), it must allow for them, meaning we should keep them in mind.
The better we understand the requirements for a modern DM, the easier
it gets to create one IMHO.

Besides, KDM supports just about anything PAM supports, but visually
you can only achieve it in a very crappy way AFAIK.

> For me, we should focus on having the KDM features first, and then
> accessibility.

No argument there.

regards,
Harald