[Blueprint desktop-o-kubuntu-packaging] Kubuntu Packaging for Oneiric
echidnaman at kubuntu.org
Mon May 16 13:52:44 UTC 2011
Blueprint changed by Jonathan Thomas:
Whiteboard set to:
* Wait and see what upstream does with the KDE tarballs
- May have to split binary packages, may not have to do anything at all
* Qt 4.8 will be out in a month or two
- We want to ship the latest Qt, but KDE depends on 4.7...
- Not a huge feature release, more of a patch release
- Internals have changed, so regressions are still possible, but shouldn't be *too* likely.
- Raster is the most tested and recommended graphicssystem, we should try enabling it by default again, please test with QtWebkit as well
- Contact Samuel Roedal (sroedal) about raster bugs if found
* KDE 4.7
* Wait for Debian to upload 4.6.3 (KDE) and merge then move on to 4.7
- Wait until it's released to decide-
- Test in PPAs like we did last time
* GUFW not default in Ubuntu, so we don't need it in Kubuntu. (Was
nominated under the false assumption that GUFW was default)
- Default on mobile, tablet
- If we have the space, put it on the CD. If not, have the option to install it
- Evaluate backup options (KBackup? Back In Time? Quintasan to test?)
- Not going to be ready in time
- Might need to use it as a dependency in the nearish future.
- Not currently needed, nor ready.
- We should package it so that we have it when we need it, no rush though.
- Quintasan will package.
Kubuntu Packaging for Oneiric
More information about the kubuntu-devel