Ubuntu SSO Client

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Tue May 10 00:32:12 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 11:22 PM, Valorie Zimmerman
<valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 7:05 AM, Harald Sitter <apachelogger at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> 'Lo everyone
>>
>> After GSOC last year I rushed a KDE UI for the all new ubuntu single
>> sign on and eventually gave up because of intermediate breakage in
>> maverick at the time. This weekend I got rather bored and made the
>> necessary changes to make the UI work as expected [1].
>>
>> To test it (on natty only), simply install and change in
>> /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/ubuntu_sso/credentials.py:
>>
>>>                  ui_module='ubuntu_sso.gtk.gui', ui_class='UbuntuSSOClientGUI',
>>>                 ui_module='ubuntu_sso.kde.gui', ui_class='UbuntuSSOClientGUI',
>>
>> ...and try to use an SSO app such as Ubuntu One (beware a dep bug [2]).
>>
>> The ui is done in cpp with a bazillion Qt designer files, bound to
>> pyth0rn via python-sip. I hope everyone who is interested in USSO will
>> poke into it a bit ;) Also it should make a renewed effort for KDE
>> Ubuntu One (I think I read something like this here?) easier as large
>> parts of auth and storage are completely outsourced to USSO now.
>>
>> [1] https://code.launchpad.net/~apachelogger/ubuntu-sso-client/kdeui
>> [2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/769520
>>
>> regards,
>> The Pink Knight
>
> Hey Harald,
>
> Thanks so much for doing this. Since I installed and started using
> Tomboy Notes, I need a working U1! And I was sad to see that U1 works
> not at all in Maverick. So you can be sure that as soon as I've
> installed Natty, I'll be testing your fix!
>
> Valorie

While I have installed Natty, I haven't gotten to this partial fix
yet. Is there a patched U1 happening in backports, perhaps? Reading
the bug, it is unclear whether the fix is proposed, or committed.

Harald, did you fix the ubuntuone package with your patch above, or
the KDE ui? I don't find the KDE available in packages.

Valorie

--
http://linuxgrandma.blogspot.com
Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, Identica, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez