Kwin config for Gimp

schmirrwurst schmirrwurst at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 12 10:45:03 UTC 2011

I don't know much about it, but I know there are application specific settings,
and window specific settings in kwin... I thought that, mixed with gimp window
settings, they might be a solution to have it working correctly ?
I that case it would be possible to add these settings by default in the
ubuntu packages...

If the only solution at the moment, is to setup gimp as single window, then
again perhaps it shoud be setup by default in ubuntu ?

It is definitly not a 12 month effot worth, but I can't believe it the only way
?

On the other hand, every newbie, will find in the internet, that he better has
to use Gimp for image processing, and if he installs it on kubuntu, He will
have a product, that is not pratical (to not say not usable) at all.
If every novice user has to search the web for ours, and make customs
settings, only to not have the toolbox disappearing everytime, than I think he
will just give away, and startup windobe again.
This problem remains already since a couple of years...