Fwd: I would like to report on an on going problem with k3b

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 12 10:05:31 UTC 2011

----- Forwarded message from Paul <snowhog at mtaonline.net> -----

From: Paul <snowhog at mtaonline.net>
To: kubuntu-devel-owner at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: I would like to report on an on going problem with k3b
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 15:49:08 -0800
Sender: mailman-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com

The kubu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com is not open to non-members. I understand. But,
there is a long-standing problem with k3b and the package normalize-audio that
continues, to this day, to remain unresolved.

There are bug reports on this problem that go back years, and even recent reports
sill complain about the problem. The cause of the problem has apparently been
identified by several 'normal' k3b users, and simple shell scripts written to
overcome the program code problem in k3b. I would simply like to bring some of
this information to the attention of the members maintaining k3b, with the hope
that they will finally fix the code in k3b and finally put this issue to rest.

Thank you.
--
Paul
--