Default notification changes for network-management

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Fri Apr 1 19:07:44 UTC 2011

In Natty, the network-management widget is much noiser than it was in
Maverick.  It now raises a notification when a connection attempt starts, when
it succeeds, when it fails, and if wifi strength gets too low (the last one
may not me new, I'm not sure).  These are all things that are visible in the
systray.  In my opinion, I think they are redundant and a distraction (having
the connecting and connected notifications right on top of each other is
particularly so).

I'd like to disable these by default by adding a networkmanagement.notifyrc to
kubuntu-default-settings (see below).  Any objections?

Scott K

[Event/connected]
Action=
Execute=