kubuntu.org -> wiki: - wiki should be for anything, including support - Too many intermediate links, bad website design, Fix would be great. :) ; jor

giovanni_re john_re at fastmail.us
Sun Sep 26 02:10:25 BST 2010

Ofir - thanks for your input. :)

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 23:26:33 +0200, "Ofir Klinger"
<klinger.ofir at gmail.com> said:
> Hi,
>
> In my opinion, the wiki itself shouldn't be used for support and/or help.
> Instead, http://help.ubuntu.com/ should be used for this purpose.

My belief is that the world would be much better if
1) there was a kubuntu wiki,
2) which was used for whatever any KUbuntu community member wished to
use if for, relative to kubuntu.

And that is about all the "rules" or "requirements" there should be for
the wiki,
other than the standard ubuntu code of conduct.

Anything else lowers the total value of the kubuntu community.

Putting in some requirement such as you've suggested,
"the wiki itself shouldn't be used for support and/or help",
only dumbs down the KUbuntu community,
to something below what the maximum potential of what the kubuntu
community could achieve.

==
Ofir:
I request you please rethink your position in light of that information,
& please let us know here on this list if you can see the importance,
value & truth in those above points.

Thanks, Ofir, & best wishes to all.  :)

> I don't think the wiki should be linked from the top menu, since it
> doesn't
> have a clear purpose.

Ofir - any wiki has a clear purpose: to be a wiki.
No wiki needs any "clear purpose" other than to be a wiki, for any
particular topic, such as, in this case, to be a wiki for the KUbuntu
community.

> New users will get confused from
> the wiki, and I think it is better for them to read the information in
> the
> website.

Ofir, I hope you don't really think that.
That implies a horribly low estimation for the new KUbuntu user's
intelligence.

Ofir, I hope you really don't think new KUbuntu users are that stupid.
I certainly think they are surely intelligent enough to not get confused
by a wiki.

After all, they are smart enough to be interested in _K_Ubuntu.  :)

> Ofir

==  Join in the Global weekly meetings, via VOIP, about all Free SW HW & Culture