final freeze next week

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 10 10:45:47 BST 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 10:45:33AM +0200, Alex Fiestas wrote:
> On 09/10/2010 10:37 AM, Rohan Garg wrote:
> > Hi
> > Ill take care of kdepim 4.4.6 as soon as i get home, so that is covered,
> > just need someone to sponsor it later ;)
> Hey, We are going to release a new RC of bluedevil today, which in
> theory will be the last.

Great.  Nice to have upstreams watching our mailing list too :)

> Will be any problem to update to the final release event if it is after
> the freeze? We promise to commit only atomic patches which contain
> atomic fixes.

After the freeze it gets less likely we can update to it.  We don't
release until October 10th, but it depends if there's a suitable
guarantees that it won't cause problems and if there's a suitable gap
in the CD building/testing process.

> Also, libbluedevil is going to have a new release, which fixes a crash
> in the kded, it should happen within a week tought.

We'll keep an eye out but might be an idea to ping here or on IRC to
make sure it's noticed.

> Another thing, what is the policy of kubuntu about bugs? You are going
> to be the first (end user) distribution shipping with BlueDevil, so we
> should coordinate efforts to fix all the possible bugs that may appear.

We recommend people send them upstream (unless packaging bugs).  We'll
try and forward any that come into our bug tracker.

> Thanks and sorry for all the hurry, but trust me when I say that
> bluedevil worth it.

Thanks for improving a much neglected part of KDE :)

Jonathan