KSambaShare patches

Harald Sitter apachelogger at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 10 17:38:24 GMT 2010

On Tuesday 09 November 2010 17:03:51 Rodrigo Belém wrote:
> I've been working to get latest samba sharing tool integrated into
> kde. I made some progress in the latest weeks and I'm attaching
> patches for those who want to test. They are in git format :-)
> I need some help with the property ui to get it more user-friendly.

Brilliant! Simply brilliant!

Do you happen to have a git/bzr/something branch for this?

Also I am sure Rohan would love to provide a PPA for this, so that testing
becomes easier... ;)

One thing that just jumped at me and wanted to snuggle was

> if (err.count() == 2 && err.at(0).startsWith("Load smb config files from")
>         && err.at(1).startsWith("Loaded services file OK."))

That is from the usershare-support patch line 227. The startsWith will fail
whenever the system locale is not en_US/C, which it almost never is on Kubuntu
(from a localized POV). Hence you will need to enforce a C as language for the
command (e.g. by preceeding the command with LANG=C). Of course this is still
dirty and ultimately you'd have a better option to check for the errors, but
oh well... :)

--
Harald Sitter
Kubuntu Core Developer