Split kdebase-workspace-bin into more packages

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 00:55:11 GMT 2010

On Monday, November 01, 2010 04:37:06 pm Rodrigo Belém wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I've been working to reduce the size and dependencies of
> kubuntu-mobile. One of  the villains of the image being large is the
> package kdebase-workspace-bin. How could we split it? Creating another
> package, e.g. kdebase-workspace-minimal-bin, with just the minimal
> requirements?

This is also a request of the Edubuntu team. Edubuntu includes KDE-Edu, which
manages to pull in kdebase-workspace-bin, resulting in Edubuntu users (who are
using GNOME with a few KDE apps on top) having full-blown Kubuntu sessions
installed and being asked about some gdm & kdm things they don't remember
installing every time they upgrade to a new release.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
http://mackenzie.morgan.name