partitionmanager in Live CD

Rafael Belmonte eaglescreen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 18:28:18 GMT 2010

Hello friends.
I want to open a discussion about including partitionmanager in the
Kubuntu Live CD. There have been some chatting about this on
#kubuntu-devel IRC and these conclusions were made:

In favor:
- A KDE partitionning tool would be very useful in the Live CD.

Against:
- partitionmanager is not a very tested application and this kind of
software like a partition manager should be reliable for us.

I can say that the few times I have used partitionmanager, it did its
work well, but, of course, more testing should be done in depth.
I offer myself to do some testing over partitionmanager, and open to
ideas to test or some testcases to run.