KDE and Ubuntu SoundMenu

Tres Finocchiaro fatbuttlarry at gmail.com
Fri May 28 01:09:46 BST 2010

For what it's worth, from the already existing drawings, I like the
microphone showing when VOIP is active, but I'd be afraid that not all
devices accessing the microphone would know to active it to the tray like
that.  Perhaps the API would handle that?

If the microphone doesn't show -- for example when using Audacity -- is a
expandable/collapsible section possible for microphone adjustments or would
that be overkill?

I'd like to add that my favorite feature of the volume icon is the mouse
wheel support!  Keeping the mouse wheel for louder/quieter is a major plus!
I find myself trying to use the mouse wheel on Windows all the time!

My least favorite part of the volume area is turning on/off visible channels
and when the menu gets stuck open and won't go away (will file a bug if I
can predictably reproduce).

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com