My experience with Kontact, Addressbook and Akonadi

schmirrwurst schmirrwurst at googlemail.com
Sun May 16 13:32:19 BST 2010

I use the opportunity to tell about my experience...
On kontact start, akonadi is never starting properly, so that I can't access
to my contact, never... I have to go to akonadi manager and stop (because the
apps says it is working ?!), and start again akonadi... Then kontact
automatically detects that akonadi is on, and displays my contacts...
Then, second issue, when I write a email from kmail, the addresses are not
displayed, only recent addresses, not the one from the address book....

I don't know if all users are experiencing that, but for me the akonadi port
is not stable, and disturbing...