My experience with Kontact, Addressbook and Akonadi

stars at hispeed.ch stars at hispeed.ch
Sun May 16 10:01:57 BST 2010

Le Sat, 15 May 2010 17:05:49 -0400,
Clay Weber <claydoh at midmaine.com> a écrit :

> Subject: Re: My experience with Kontact, Addressbook and Akonadi
> Date: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 08:01:19 am
> From: Mark Greenwood <captain_bodge at yahoo.co.uk>
> To: Kubuntu user technical support <kubuntu-
> users at lists.ubuntu.com>
>
> On Friday 14 May 2010 07:13:49 Valter Mura wrote:
> > sabato 8 maggio 2010 hai scritto:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I want to share some experience as stated in the subject, I know
> one of the
> > > most annoying issue are the problems with the new
> management of data.
> > >
> > > First of all, I put the Akonadi tray in my System tray and I
> > > start
> Akonadi
> > > from there. It gets me a warning regarding the outgoing
> messages folder not
> > > found, but I don't care, I suppose it checks
> > > in .local/share/local-
> mail and
> > > Kmail currently uses another path and folder
> (.kde/share/apps/ect, ect).
> >
> > And this has been solved pointing the Agent "Local folders" to the
> folder
> > where real mail is stored (.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail)
> >

> Would anyone from the Kubuntu team care to comment on how it is
> acceptable to release something so utterly broken? I've just spent
> the best part of a morning trying to get this stuff to work. In the
> end I've just given up. I'll have to live without an address book - I
> did get the addressbook to work by following this thread, but that
> had the side effect of making Kopete lose all its account settings
> every time I logged out. *sigh*.
>
> Mark

Well first time i started my system i was blocked while it was
impossible to use the addressbook, but in fact i think that is our
mistake and not from devs, you just need to create your addressbook in
akonadi and afrer all application worked fine and use it. Kmail,
kopete, konqueror include. Maybe adding a notice that we need create
this new addressbook can be a good things but i don't see as a defekt
anyway.

Great work , it work flawlessly :D