Fwd: Re: My experience with Kontact, Addressbook and Akonadi

Clay Weber claydoh at midmaine.com
Sat May 15 22:05:49 BST 2010

Subject: Re: My experience with Kontact, Addressbook and Akonadi
Date: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 08:01:19 am
From: Mark Greenwood <captain_bodge at yahoo.co.uk>
To: Kubuntu user technical support <kubuntu-
users at lists.ubuntu.com>

On Friday 14 May 2010 07:13:49 Valter Mura wrote:
> sabato 8 maggio 2010 hai scritto:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I want to share some experience as stated in the subject, I know
one of the
> > most annoying issue are the problems with the new
management of data.

> > First of all, I put the Akonadi tray in my System tray and I start
Akonadi
> > from there. It gets me a warning regarding the outgoing
messages folder not
> > found, but I don't care, I suppose it checks in .local/share/local-
mail and
> > Kmail currently uses another path and folder
(.kde/share/apps/ect, ect).

> And this has been solved pointing the Agent "Local folders" to the
folder
> where real mail is stored (.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail)

Would anyone from the Kubuntu team care to comment on how it is
acceptable to release something so utterly broken? I've just spent
the best part of a morning trying to get this stuff to work. In the end
I've just given up. I'll have to live without an address book - I did get
the addressbook to work by following this thread, but that had the
side effect of making Kopete lose all its account settings every time I
logged out. *sigh*.

Mark

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: