Proposal for (Italian) translation

Jonathan Thomas echidnaman at gmail.com
Fri May 7 21:15:06 BST 2010

On Fri 07 May 2010 04:12:27 pm Mackenzie Morgan wrote:
> On Friday, May 07, 2010 3:52:10 pm Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > >
> > >I'd be afraid of that resulting in more translators going "oh...KDE
> > >stuff? I don't use KDE. Screw that." and leaving our stuff
> > >untranslated.
> >
> > I think a lot of people would be OK with that.
>
> I thought the big argh in Kubuntu translations was there being lots of
> stuff left untranslated...

Sort of. Generally, the translations upstream hands us have been pretty
complete. In more recent releases, the problem has mainly become Rosetta
losing upstream translations, or well-meaning translators messing up the
(usually QA'd) upstream translations.

So yes, that's been the big argh, but for different reasons than would be
obvious at first glance.