Meeting Monday 23:00UTC

Celeste Lyn Paul celeste at kde.org
Mon Mar 29 15:02:51 BST 2010

23:00 UTC is still pretty early for people in North America,
especially if they have jobs, can't IRC from work, have families to
pick up from school/cook for, or don't live on the east coast. The
time isn't better one way or another inconveniences are just
different. I think staying up late is easier than getting out of work
early.

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 4:44 AM, Tomas Gustavsson <tomplast at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm just curious, is the meeting for only Americans? In my time (living in
> Sweden) 2300UTC would correspond to 0100 here (GMT+2). Sweden is not alone
> as you now. People from German, Great Brittain, France and several other
> places in Europe/Asia will have a hard time attending.
> Wouldn't it be better if we all sacrificed a weekend or something? I don't
> know about my fellow Europeans but I like to be in bed around midnight.
> Fortunately (or should I say unfortunately) for me I'm currently unemployed,
> for those who aren't they are going to want their beauty sleep I believe.
> I really hope that my time convertion is wrong cause I can't understand it.
> /Tomas "tomplast" Gustavsson
>
> 2010/3/29 Jonathan Riddell <jriddell at ubuntu.com>
>>
>> Kubuntu meeting on Monday 29 March at 23:00UTC in #ubuntu-meeting
>>
>> Jonathan
>>
>> --

Celeste Lyn Paul
KDE Usability Project