updated Netbook to Lucid -- NetworkManager is disabled

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 21:46:33 GMT 2010

On Wednesday 24 March 2010 2:52:25 pm Daniel Chen wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Mackenzie Morgan <macoafi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > was false instead of true in there, yeah.  I suspect on mine it's because
> > I hit the rfkill button.  Rebooting should reset the rfkill button (it
> > used to) but it appears not to.
>
> Please file a regression-potential tagged bug against linux so that we
> can fix it.

Sorry, bad phrasing.  The wireless adapter itself goes back to working after
reboot, but because NetworkManager ignores that NM was disabled by the rfkill
being pressed and just assumes it's globally disabled, the result (to an end
user who doesn't know to use ifup) is like it stays disabled across reboots.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo