Kubuntu has no integration of XDG directories in file manager.

Harald Sitter apachelogger at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 24 10:51:46 GMT 2010

Am Mittwoch, 24. März 2010 10:01:15 schrieb Pan Shi Zhu:
> > So this request should really be directed at bugs.kde.org
>
> Only Kubuntu create those directories in user home, other
> distributions doesn't even have those directories. How could this be
> in upstream?

Because XDG is upstream to KDE, KDE implements XDG, that is why Digkam will
default to search in the XDG user path for pictures, same goes for Amarok. If
you try saving a file in KOffice or Kate you will get the documents path as
preset path...

And the statement that other distros do not have those directories is simply
wrong, because the underlying specification originiated within redhat so I am
quite sure that at the very least fedora does have those dirs too.

--
Harald Sitter
Kubuntu Core Developer