Kubuntu has no integration of XDG directories in file manager.

Pan Shi Zhu pan.shizhu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 03:28:58 GMT 2010

Kubuntu will be default create several xdg directories in $HOME, the
details are in ~/.config/user-dirs.dirs

name of directory depends on locale.

$ cat .config/user-dirs.dirs
# This file is written by xdg-user-dirs-update
# If you want to change or add directories, just edit the line you're
# interested in. All local changes will be retained on the next run
# Format is XDG_xxx_DIR="$HOME/yyy", where yyy is a shell-escaped
# homedir-relative path, or XDG_xxx_DIR="/yyy", where /yyy is an
# absolute path. No other format is supported.
#
XDG_DESKTOP_DIR="$HOME/desktop"
XDG_DOWNLOAD_DIR="$HOME/share"
XDG_TEMPLATES_DIR="$HOME/temp"
XDG_PUBLICSHARE_DIR="$HOME/pub"
XDG_DOCUMENTS_DIR="$HOME/doc"
XDG_MUSIC_DIR="$HOME/music"
XDG_PICTURES_DIR="$HOME/pic"
XDG_VIDEOS_DIR="$HOME/video"

This is just a sample, an ubuntu installation create these directories
by default, so we should make use of it.

Ubuntu create shortcuts for those directories in file manager, Like
ubuntu, we could create shortcuts in Dolphin and give them correct
icons.

Or, if we really do not want that, we should remove those directories.

Any idea?