Kubuntu beta 1 candiadate images need testing

Pan Shi Zhu pan.shizhu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 08:37:09 GMT 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 2:36 PM, Mackenzie Morgan <macoafi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 March 2010 10:43:16 pm Jonathan Riddell wrote:
>> On 18 March 2010 02:27, Pan Shi Zhu <pan.shizhu at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I test upgraded in karmic with the following:
>> >
>> > sudo do-release-upgrade -d
>>
>> Correct upgrade method is  sudo update-notifier-kde -d
>
> do-release-upgrade is just the command line version of that.  I think you're
> thinking of the not-totally-supported change-sources.list-and-"apt-get dist-
> upgrade" method

well, the do-release-upgrade works after a long time (more than half
an hour, I think)... I upgraded my karmic into lucid without any
problem.

There're some pretty minor problem:

1. karmic's default wallpaper is "Air", while lucid has the default
"Ethais" (I guess so). The default wallpaper does not change
automatically after upgrade. I have to manually change the wallpaper.

Expected behavior: if user has the wallpaper "Air", change it to
Ethais, if user had changed to something else, then don't touch it.

2. In karmic, I had disabled Nepomuk and Strigi in system settings,
but in Lucid it is enabled again, I had to manually disable it again.

Expected behavior: if user has settings in karmic, keep the setting in lucid.

Well, these may or may not be bugs.