testers needed for plasma-widget-networkmanagement

Richard JOHNSON nixternal at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 12 14:28:49 GMT 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 11:07:19AM +0100, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Thursday 11 March 2010 22:12:21 Richard JOHNSON wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 11:14:53PM +0000, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > > You should now be able to use the plasmoid to connect to the network
> > > and reply to this e-mail telling us how you got on.
> >
> > One thing I have to keep doing is the qdbus part after a reboot in order to
> > see any wireless access points. Shouldn't this be automatic?
>
> No, I've explained the other emails to this thread why:

Explain louder next time, as I am obviously deaf :p  Thanks for waking me
up, who needs coffee? We just need a bit of sebas!!!

> There's a bug in the lower layers, which is on Will's list right now. Once that's
> fixed, I'll make it work in  the plasmoid.

You love being my hero don't you? I have figured out the work around. Under
~/.kde/share/apps/networkmanagement/connections/ you find the funny named
file (UUID obviously), and set the wireless access point's MAC address for
the 'seenbssids'. Then it magically works :)

--
 Name|  Richard JOHNSON
Title|  Developer
Email|  nixternal at ubuntu.com
GnuPG|  3578 0981 A21D D662 2A96  7623 F4C1 838C D8C4 4738