testers needed for plasma-widget-networkmanagement

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Mar 11 16:07:42 GMT 2010

On Thursday 11 March 2010 14:55:36 Cedric Brandenbourger wrote:
> After a reboot i retried "qdbus org.kde.kded /kded
> org.kde.kded.loadModule". Now i works, but i have to repeat this step
> after each reboot.

Yes, that's expected. The module doesn't get loaded automatically and needs to be
manually loaded each time kded4 is restarted (logout, reboot, for example).

The reason for this is that it might get in the way of other clients to network-
manager, which we're avoiding in an experimental package. It'll be fixed before
primetime (one liner in the kded module's .desktop file, as someone else has
pointed out)
--
sebas