testers needed for plasma-widget-networkmanagement

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Mar 9 19:16:42 GMT 2010

On Tuesday 09 March 2010 15:39:49 Jonathan Riddell wrote:

> > > Can you make sure the networkmanagement module is loaded into kded?
> > >
> > >  ( qdbus org.kde.kded /kded org.kde.kded.loadModule networkmanagement )
> >
> > Has to return true.
> >
> > I just installed the packages Jonathan points to on another machine, and
> > I'm unable to load the kded module. Apparently, the kded module is not
> > being installed by the package.
>
> It's certainly in the knm-runtime package.  I tried my own
> instructions on a new machine and it didn't load the kded module the
> first time but did the second.  I also had to restart plasma before it
> would load the plasmoid.
>
> Jonathan

Hm, not sure I'm getting the right thing installed (running the KDE 4.4 packages on
Karmic):

mana.sebas(/etc/apt): search network-manager-kde
mana.sebas(/etc/apt): dpkg -l|g plasma-widget-network
ii  plasma-widget-networkmanagement            0.9~svn1029786+ag1-0ubuntu1
Network Management widget for KDE4 Plasma

This looks like an old revision. I've

mana.sebas(/etc/apt): cat sources.list.d/kubuntu-ppa-experimental-karmic.list
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/experimental/ubuntu karmic main

Any idea why I'm not getting an update package?
--
sebas