Kapti, an experimentation on package installation/removal, UI (Tres Finocchiaro)

Tres Finocchiaro fatbuttlarry at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 04:10:37 BST 2010

This may sound naive, but are the Software Center's binaries/APIs restricted
so much to GTK that QT could not to leverage them?  I'm thinking
libpurple-ish thoughts, like how Adium leverages the Pidgin API without
using it's GUI.

Since DEB package managers must (must?) leverage apt/aptitude I'd understand
if the answer was that all of the code-base is GUI, and the API wouldn't
logically exit (and therefor there would be nothing to leverage?).

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com