KDE PIM Beta 1 Packages

Tomasz Czapiewski xeros at irc.pl
Fri Jul 16 07:08:33 BST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010, Rohan Garg wrote:

> HiKDE PIM Beta 1 was released a few weeks ago and i was busy preparing packages for the same.KDE PIM devs have said that the beta 1 release is
> more like a Alpha release and will eat your kittens.
> Sorry for the long delay,but i was making sure that these packages are up to proper quality before releasing them.
> These are Experimental packages and should only be used if you dont care about your mail and other things kde pim is responsible for.
> Pacakges : https://edge.launchpad.net/~kubuntu-ppa/+archive/experimental

That sounds really scary.

> Please report any bugs in packaging at bugs.launchpad.net against the Kubuntu PPA's
> Any upstream bugs should go to bugs.kde.org
>
> KDE PIM Beta 2 will be released with KDE SC 4.5 and according to akonadi+kdepim devs,that should be more usable.Packages should appear in the
> same repo,unless Riddell advises otherwise.

If Beta 2 will not be as "stable" as that in KDE SC 4.3.x/4.4.x IMO it
should not go to the same repo as KDE SC 4.5. [Althrough KDEPIM in KDE
4.4.x was not as stable as it was in KDE 4.3.x (now it's more stable with
KDE 4.4.5) but at least I don't get data corruption].
Many people do use their mail/contacts in KDEPIM. I for example have
>15000 e-mails (both IMAP and POP3 mailboxes), few mailboxes and something
about hundred of contacts in KDE 4.4.5 which I synchronize with my phone.
I want to use KDE SC 4.5 when it gets released and not to loose any
e-mail, contact or group.

With Regards,
Tomasz Czapiewski