API review for LibQApt, string review for muon

Jonathan Thomas echidnaman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 21:14:32 BST 2010

Hey guys,

With a stable release currently scheduled for October 12th (Ubuntu feature freeze day), now is the time for API review! The code can be found at playground/libs/libqapt in kde svn.

String review for Muon (and QApt Batch, for that matter) also needs to be done. To make a stable 1.0 release for maverick, string freeze has to happen by tomorrow to give kde-l10n the proper 1 month of string frozenness. So uh, string review needs to be done by tomorrow I guess. :s Sorry for the very short notice on that. I've tried to make the strings not too jargony while at the same time not compromising on the amount of information given. Some strings might not be appropriate for a Software Center type thing, but this is not targeted at the software center crowd. Krazy doesn't find any typos, but human eyes are still needed for grammar, etc. I totally understand if not much string reviewing gets done, especially since review of any kind is voluntary. :)

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan