kffmpegthumbnailer - call for testing

Andreas Scherf scherfa at web.de
Sun Jan 24 21:28:00 GMT 2010

Hi, today i build kffmpegthumbnailer-1.1.0 anf libffmpegthumbnailer-2.0.0
and my first view is impressive. Fast build of all my videos.
It build the thumbnails for 47 video files in 6 seconds.
And so far i could not find any videos that where not thumbnailed.
Zjr old mplayerthumbnails took 28 seconds to build the thumbs of the same
video files. And i think this is a thumb up for kffmpegthumbnailer. if someone
has problems it would be nice to know if all codecs were installed and which
video causes this problems. Maybee we could fix the thumbnailer if it fails
creating a thumb. But i think the ffmpegthumbnailer is better than the mplayer
one..

If someone needs i could do more tests. I was doing the test on an amd Athlon
x5200 machine with 4gb ram x64 code ...

Greetings
Andreas