Use the list

Harald Sitter apachelogger at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 13 15:15:48 GMT 2010

Am Mittwoch, 13. Januar 2010 15:58:54 schrieb Roderick B. Greening:
> > Something I meant to add to my last, probably way to big for many to care
> > about, email, I wanted to add this:
> >
> > If you are making large changes to anything, it would be nice if this
> > list was utilized to communicate the changes. Reading IRC back scroll
> > isn't on my agenda, plus I only have it go so many lines with irssi, as
> > to not fill up, and going through logs is a bit tedious at times.
> > Everyone uses good changelogs when uploading to bzr, but it would be
> > nice to have the information handy in one place. This way here, those
> > who follow this list but maybe do not follow bzr commits or IRC, can
> > kind of see what is going on.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> It would be nice if we had a way to have the bzr commits to automagically
> get posted to the list... (reduce duplication of effort and forces us to
> commit sane and politically correct comments in bzr).

That might even be possible since launchpad does have a watch-branch-for-
commits-feature, question is just if it will not be too high volume. Though if
we restrict it to core KDE I suppose we would be good ... that is if everyone
is willing to read that kind of mails anyway ;)

Question: seperate list or kubuntu-devel?

--
Harald Sitter
Kubuntu Core Developer